STS Ammonia Engine Generator
The hot ammonia vapor powers the engine which turns the generator.
- The engine is a radial piston design with a vertical crankshaft.
- Each cylinder has a compression ratio greater than 60:1
- The valves feature continuously variable phase and duration, on both intake and exhaust.
- The engine operates on the pressure of the hot gas, and both the sensible and latent heat of the hot gas.
- The speed of the engine is maintained constant by anticipatory algorithms.
- Control inputs include: gas temperature and pressure, weather, clouds, date & time of day, climate models,
- Monitored outputs: rpm, torque, voltage, current, power-factor, electrical phase, fluid pressure, noise,
vibration, system response.
- The mechanical components of the engine are robust and designed for 20+ year lifetimes.
- Friction losses in the engine have been reduced to exceptionally low levels.
- Materials: Forged Steel alloy crankshaft and rods, Cast Iron block, cylinders, heads, Aluminum pistons,
Fluoropolymer friction components.
- Dimensions: (Engine only) ~ 40in dia. x 11in thick (not including manifold pipes, shaft extension, flywheel, oil
- Weight: ~ 480 lbs (engine only)
- Cost: $2.00 / Watt -- inclusive in system price.
- All generators we use comply with NEC and UL ratings for safety.
- We match the generator capacity to the peak system power.
- We select a generator that has the required voltage ratings to match your utility service or isolation transformer
- Special generators optimized for motor starting, lighting, power-factor correction, etc, are available at customer
- Insulation ratings can be varied if the customer desires.
- Cost: $2.00 / Watt -- inclusive in system price (optional features priced according to OEM schedule)
Sample pictures from SolidWorks. Click on a picture for a bigger view and more information.