What we do
We make equipment
that makes electricity
The systems are based on proven technology
Also known as "gensets", "engine-generators", or just "generators" the Solar
& Thermal System ( "STS" ) consists of an 'Organic' Rankine Cycle ( "ORC" ) prime mover
(engine), coupled to an AC Generator or Alternator (generator).
The energy comes from sunlight, STS solar collectors are parabolic troughs that collect and capture the
sunshine, providing the heat for the ORC. We array the troughs into panels, and array the panels into even
We help our customers get the maximum benefit
Even though the energy may be free, the machine has to be paid for. We base all our calculations on a
simple and standard 20-year schedule for the equipment. Based on the schedule the STS can lock in the rate and
generate electricity for $86/MWHr fro the next 20 years. After that the energy really is essentially free.
All the electricity that's generated by our equipment has the special characteristic of being generated from
the sun. That makes it "Class I" renewable energy. Class I electricity is very valuable
because the Renewable Energy Credits ( "REC" ) can be sold for 4 times the price of coal-fired energy
($237/MWHr -- June 2006).
The system use a computer and sensors to maintain optimum control of the system and cycle assuring you of
peak performance. The computer also records, logs and analyzes energy patterns, and provides suggestions
for even greater benefits.
We compete in a global economy using domestic resources
They said we were crazy to try to keep this concept in the USA, I said It would be crazy to immediately
assume that we couldn't. So the STS will be made tight here in the USA. Could we get the parts
cheaper overseas? Probably. But then who would use all the electricity we're going to
generate? We're not seeking tariffs or protection, just as level a field (with a good solar exposure).
Here's what we don't do... (in case you're interested)
- We don't make solar cells, inverters or charge controllers
- We don't make potable domestic, or hydronic hot water
- We don't store the energy or the electricity (yet...)
Some other don'ts:
- Our systems don't cost you an arm and a leg!
- You don't have to live in AZ, NV, NM, CA, FL, TX, etc. for good sunshine
- You don't need to do anything to the system to keep it functioning
- You don't have to worry about permits, licensing, etc, we do it all.
And, one more, are you ready?
- We don't "fit the mold", but I'm certain you've noticed that already.
Here are some of the obstacles we've encountered...
||We have a 3300 sq ft facility with $300,000 of CNC machines.
||eccentric = outside the box
hobby = something enjoyable
|optimistic tree hugger
||Better to manufacture in the USA under clean air regulations than
where there are none.
||We can improve the environment, and reduce fossil fuel
||Vertical integration where possible.
Virtual integration when practical.
|Perhaps, but, the benefits remain the same, even at twice the
- Details -- Basic stuff like: Addresses, Phones, Incorporation, etc.
- Goals -- What we wish to accomplish and we assert.
- Philosophy -- How we expect to reach goals, how we believe we'll succeed.